What We Do and Recommend
Road salt has always been an effective option to de-icing walkways and parking lots but unfortunately salt seeps into the soils killing vegetation and enters our waterways. Liquid Salt Brine's are an environmentally safe and approved additive in our salt mixture to make melting of the snow more effective as well as eco-friendly. Salt Brine is a liquid agent that, when added to snow, creates a level of acidity that is similar to that of distilled water. This results in a chemical composition that is much safer to the plant life that soaks up the melted snow than the excess salt that using rock salt alone creates.
Evaluate our equipment: Conducting a fleet inventory can help us set goals for reducing energy use and air pollutants. Consider the number of Equipment Triple J run's and amount of fuel being consumed we make sure the most efficient vehicle is being used for each job, and eliminate any unnecessary equipment. When purchasing new vehicles and equipment we only consider fuel efficiency and/or alternatively fueled vehicles.
Perform regular vehicle maintenance: A simple way to reduce emissions, regular maintenance is important to ensure that each piece of equipment is running as efficiently as possible. This includes changing oil and filters regularly, consistently checking tire pressure, and making sure engines are operating in correct temperatures.
Biodiesel Fuel: Starting in the winter of 2009 Triple J Contracting switched all of our Diesel powered equipment to more eco friendly fuel. Biodiesel is a clean burning alternative fuel that comes from domestic, renewable resources. It is locally grown, processed, and distributed. Biodiesel is a natural and renewable domestic fuel alternative that is designed for use in diesel engines. Biodiesel is made from vegetable oils, mostly soy and corn. It contains no petroleum, is safe, and biodegradable.
Company Certificates and Awards:
- Member of Landscape Ontario
- Member of BBB Canada
- Member of Aurora Chamber of Commerce
- Member of SIMA (Snow and Ice Management Association)
- Member of Canadian Condominium Institute (Toronto Chapter)
- Member of Association of Condominium Managers of Ontario
- The Aurora Chamber of Commerce 2004-05 "Young Business of the Year Award"
- Letter from the Mayor of the Town of Aurora for Quality Service in the Community
- Letter of Recognition for Service from Aurora / Newmarket (Riding) Member of Parliament, Belinda Stronach and Lois Brown